[lustre-discuss] FIEMAP support for Lustre

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Mon Aug 24 17:30:58 PDT 2015

On 2015/08/24, 1:22 PM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Alexander I
Kulyavtsev" <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of
aik at fnal.gov> wrote:

>Hi Oleg,
>does ZFS based lustre supports FIEMAP?
>
>We have lustre 2.5 with zfs installed. Otherwise we will need to setup
>separate test system with ldiskfs.

The ZFS back-end code does not itself support FIEMAP, unlike ldiskfs.
There is an open ticket for this if someone is interested to implement
FIEMAP support for ZFS:

https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-1941

but until that is done, the client-side FIEMAP can only get information
from ldiskfs.

Cheers, Andreas