[lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.7 deployment issues

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Sat Dec 5 07:00:24 PST 2015

> On Dec 5, 2015, at 1:02 AM, Massimo Sgaravatto <massimo.sgaravatto at pd.infn.it> wrote:
>
> Ok, but let's take for example Lustre 2.7
>
> RPMs for Lustre 2.7 published on the web are ~ 9 months ago.
> I guess that in the meantime several problems were fixed.

Yes.

> And these fixes are available only to Intel customers (I guess there are some newer rpms available to them) and will never be available to the rest of community.

I don't think that is accurate.  To the best of my knowledge, Intel commits all bug fixes to the public Lustre git repo.  They just don't tag an official 7.1 release or do QA testing for a public 7.1 release.

You should be able to get bug fixes by cherry picking the appropriate git commits. (It might not be the easiest thing do, but I think all the code is public and available.)

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

--Rick