[lustre-discuss] confirming behavior we're seeing

John White jwhite at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 8 09:41:32 PST 2015

A month or two ago we expanded a lustre instance (added an OSS+OTSs to a fairly full file system).  Since then, we’ve seen IO patterns that heavily favor the new OSS/OSTs.  In the default allocation strategy, is this to be expected in a file system with heavily disparate free space among OSTs?

We don’t really have the luxury of rebalancing things (assuming the method for doing such is still “re-write/copy files on old OSTs and let the allocation strategy handle it"), unfortunately, so we’re just looking to confirm the behavior.