[lustre-discuss] confirming behavior we're seeing

Ben Evans bevans at cray.com
Tue Dec 8 10:28:32 PST 2015

Yes, that¹s to be expected.  Lustre attempts to keep all OSTs equally
full, so when you have a severe imbalance across OSTs, new files will
preferentially be allocated on the empty OSTs.

One method for dealing with this is to have one node dedicated to
rebalancing the data.  It might take a long time, but it will get done
eventually.

-Ben Evans

On 12/8/15, 12:41 PM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of John White"
<lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of jwhite at lbl.gov>