[lustre-discuss] lshowmount equivalent?

Nguyen Viet Cuong mrcuongnv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 00:17:07 PST 2015

Hi,

lshowmount is actually very useful for knowing which nodes are connecting
to the Lustre. I use it in one of my scripts to ensure clients and OSSs
already umounted.

Andreas, hope that we can bring it back :).

Regards,
Cuong

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Dilger, Andreas <andreas.dilger at intel.com>
wrote:

> On 2015/12/13, 14:29, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Scott Nolin"
> <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of
> scott.nolin at ssec.wisc.edu> wrote:
>
> >We noticed with recent versions of lustre lshowmount has disappeared.
> >Annoyingly, it's still in the lustre docs, this is at least noted with a
> >ticket:
> >

> https://build.hpdd.intel.com/job/lustre-manual/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifac
> >t/lustre_manual.xhtml#dbdoclet.50438219_64286
> >
> >https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LUDOC-308
> >
> >It's one of those tools that is very handy if you know about it, or was
> >while it was there...
> >
> >Is there a new command that is similar that isn't documented or something?
>
> Is this a tool that you are using?  IIRC, there wasn't a particular reason
> that it was removed, except that when we asked LLNL (the authors) they
> said they were no longer using it, and we couldn't find anyone that was
> using it so it was removed in commit b5a7260ae8f along with a bunch of
> other old tools.
>
> If there is a demand for lshowmount I don't think it would be hard to
> reinstate.
>
> Cheers, Andreas
> --
> Andreas Dilger