[Lustre-discuss] Questions about benchmarking Lustre's local filesystem

Ron Croonenberg ronc at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 19 14:05:56 PST 2015

wondering why you would want to do that other then checking to see if
there is something wrong with some chunk of hardware?

If you want to test the speed of the Lustre fs it really depends on how
many OSSs, OSTs (and OSTs per OSS) you have (and what other hardware
you're using) and how you set your striping depending on your
applications.  Best performance will probably be N --> N worst
performance probably strided writes N --> 1. Also multiple access from
one client seems to slow stuff down.