[Lustre-discuss] Open Participation in OpenSFS Board Meetings

OpenSFS Administration admin at opensfs.org
Tue Jan 20 12:33:22 PST 2015

Fellow OpenSFS participants,

OpenSFS prides itself on being deeply committed to the philosophy of open
source. We bring together a wide range of organizations and individuals to
solve problems that move open source file systems forward. In the spirit of
open source, we want to provide greater visibility into OpenSFS inner
workings as well.

As we announced a few weeks ago, the weekly OpenSFS Board meetings will be
open to all OpenSFS participants. These meetings are held weekly and include
discussions on Lustre contract funding, communications strategy, community
building initiatives, financial updates, and more.

As with any organization, from time to time the Board may need to meet in
closed session regarding sensitive matters, including those pertaining to
litigation, employment, contract negotiation, highly confidential
information or as advised by counsel. However, we expect that such instances
will be infrequent, and we look forward to having open Board meetings with
broad participation as much as possible.

By allowing participants from the OpenSFS community to join the meetings, we
look forward to providing insight and transparency to the decisions
occurring at the OpenSFS Board level. If you are interested in joining the
meetings, please add the following details to your calendars:

Meeting day: Tuesday

Meeting frequency: weekly

Time: 8-9am Pacific

Dial in: 866-857-0578

Passcode: 8953335

The meeting information is also available on the OpenSFS web site at
http://opensfs.org/about/board-meetings-and-activities/

Additionally, we will continue to distribute minutes from the Board meetings
to the OpenSFS participants mailing list. To subscribe to the participants
mailing list, please visit
http://lists.opensfs.org/listinfo.cgi/participants-opensfs.org

Our priorities continue to focus on our commitment to the Lustre community.
Fostering broader community participation is key. We look forward to your
ongoing participation in OpenSFS.

Best regards,

OpenSFS Board of Directors

Charlie Carroll, Cray