[lustre-discuss] resize2fs to get more inodes on MDT

Ben Evans bevans at cray.com
Tue Jun 16 11:46:20 PDT 2015

I've seen this happen once in production (with something like 2B files).

If you can do the resize2fs, and expand, I think that will work (others should chime in here), but I'd definitely do a backup first, as well as doing an fsck.

Finally, create some sort of sensor that keeps track of inodes on both the MDT and the OSTs.  Running out is a bad thing.

-Ben Evans