[lustre-discuss] 2.1 MDT recovery on test hardware

Crowe, Tom thcrowe at iu.edu
Thu Jun 25 13:06:49 PDT 2015

Greetings,

I am investigating the possibility of restoring a DD backup of our MDT, onto test hardware. Our filesystem is 2.1 based.

The general idea would be to get the MDT/MGS restored in their entirety, change the MGSNODE parameter on the MDT to reflect the test hardware LNET setup, add some new OST’s, have clients mount the new setup, and proceed with our testing.

Is there a procedure that outlines this process? I suspect the exercise could be considered a disaster recovery test, but we do not have any intention at this time to relocate and/or recover any of the original OST’s.

Thank You.

-Tom Crowe