[lustre-discuss] 2.1 MDT recovery on test hardware

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Thu Jun 25 14:13:49 PDT 2015

I think the major problem is going to be that your MDT image is not
terribly useful without the OSTs that belong to the MDT.  The new OSTs
don't contain any of the objects that the MDT references.

Back at old Lustre 2.1 code you won't have any of the lfsck code that
can deal with the MDT to OST inconsistency problems.  And even if you
did, every file in your filesystem would be removed or moved to lost+found.

It is not immediately clear to me what amount of useful testing could be
done under that situation.  Maybe there is something.

Chris