[lustre-discuss] Can't get zfs OST to mount on a freshly built server

Bob Ball ball at umich.edu
Wed May 13 07:16:07 PDT 2015

OK, so, I am seeing EXACTLY the issue reported at the end of LU-6452 8
minutes after it was closed by Andreas Dilger.
https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-6452

There is no response.  Is there a solution?

This is Lustre 2.7.0 with (now) zfs 0.6.4.1-1, which was current when
the server was built.  I see a number of recent Emails about updates to
Lustre sources against this zfs version, but is there a solution for the
standard set of 2.7.0 Lustre rpms?  Or any solution that will get me
un-stuck?

[root at umdist01 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Scientific Linux release 6.6 (Carbon)
[root at umdist01 ~]# uname -r
2.6.32-504.8.1.el6_lustre.x86_64

I note that my first OSS server, initially built in March against zfs
0.6.3-1, seems to be happy and definitely does not exhibit this issue.
That server has now also updated to 0.6.4.1, and I am loathe to reboot
it now (up for 40 days) for fear of losing access to all of its stored
files.  Perhaps I should downgrade to the earlier zfs and cut off
automatic zfs updates from that repo?

Thanks,
bob