[lustre-discuss] Can't get zfs OST to mount on a freshly built server

Bob Ball ball at umich.edu
Mon May 25 15:25:01 PDT 2015

There were no answers to this, from anyone, so it appears this is not
solved?

So, I proceeded to follow the directions here
https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8126821
using the stock redhat 2.6.32-504.16.2 kernel and what appears to be
Lustre 2.7.52 sources.  Some mods to this were needed, but I built the
kernel, and then successfully built Lustre rpms including the zfs and
spl modules for version 0.6.4.

BUT, when I boot the kernel following the directions to create the
initramfs, problems.  The /boot/grub/grub.conf is clearly read, I can
choose between the stock kernel and the lustre kernel, but when it
leaves the grub prompts.... nothing.  The console just sits without
echoing any of the bootup sequence, with only an underscore occasionally
flashing.  I am left with no choice but to reboot back to the stock kernel.

The volumes with the exception of /boot are all lvm, and the
/var/log/dracut.log indicates that lvm is included in the initramfs
image, but the lvm volumes just don't seem to be accessed, just /boot
that is ext4.  I am at a loss about what to do next, and would really
appreciate some advice from someone about what to do here.

Many thanks,
bob