[lustre-discuss] "tag" feature of ltop

Faaland, Olaf P. faaland1 at llnl.gov
Mon May 18 17:29:17 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am working on updating ltop, the text client within LMT (https://github.com/chaos/lmt/wiki).  I am adding support for DNE (multiple active MDT's within a single filesystem).

In the interesting of keeping the tool free of cruft, I am asking the community about their usage.

Currently, ltop allows for the user to "tag" an OST or an OSS, which causes the row(s) for that OSS (or OST's on that OSS) to be underlined so that they stand out visually.  Presumably this is so that one can follow an OST as it bounces around the table, when the table is sorted by something that changes dynamically like CPU usage or lock count.

Does anyone use this feature?  The first few people I polled do not use it, but if others use it I will extend it to the MDT's.  If no one uses it, then I'll remove it entirely.

Thanks,

Olaf P. Faaland
Livermore Computing
Lawrence Livermore National Lab