[lustre-discuss] Can't get zfs OST to mount on a freshly built server

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Tue May 26 01:33:45 PDT 2015

On Wed, 13 May 2015 10:16:07 -0400
Bob Ball <ball at umich.edu> wrote:

> OK, so, I am seeing EXACTLY the issue reported at the end of LU-6452
> 8 minutes after it was closed by Andreas Dilger.
> https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-6452
>
> There is no response.  Is there a solution?

As I read it that's what you get when your osd_zfs module does not
match your spl/zfs.

We build a set of kernel+spl+zfs+lustre then leave it alone until we
build another set. (currently using this combo in production for lustre
on zfs: 2.6.32-504.16.2+0.6.4.1-1+2.5.3-5chaos)

Also note that IPoIB is very broken on the -504.8.1 kernel.

/Peter K