[lustre-discuss] Coexistence of Luster client and server on a single machine

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Thu May 21 11:38:33 PDT 2015

I do not think that is the case.  Mixing OSTs and clients is often bad
as well.  It is generally a question of memory contention.

You can get away with mixing clients with any of the server types if
your demands are modest enough.  That is why we sometimes say it is "OK
for testing".  But even with testing, things can go south if your
testing is strenuous enough.

We do not recommend mixing and clients and servers for general
production use.

Chris