[lustre-discuss] lustre support on AArch64 (ARMv8)

Drokin, Oleg oleg.drokin at intel.com
Tue Sep 1 09:06:38 PDT 2015

Hello!

On Sep 1, 2015, at 6:51 AM, Sreenidhi Bharathkar Ramesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in trying out Lustre , both server and client, on AArch64 (ARMv8) platform.
>
> Setup:
> - Juno development board with linaro kernel (3.10 or 3.19)
> - plan to build lustre from sources.
> - Ubuntu 14.04 or fc21 rootfs
>
> 1. platform question:  Is Lustre supported on AArch64 platform ?
>
> 2. kernel version question: is there any specific kernel version requirement ?

If you want server support, you need to stick to RHEL6.x, rhel7.x or SLES12 kernels.
Outside of those you are on your own for ldiskfs patches, I guess.

You'll need this patch http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/15395/ to enable arm building on our tree.

Clients would likely build with a wider set of kernels including various ubuntu variants.

Bye,
    Oleg