[lustre-discuss] Multiple MGS interfaces config

Exec Unerd execunerd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 11:59:13 PDT 2015

> I'm not sure if I have understood your setup correctly.

In this case, the clients are a combination of all three: some are o2ib
only, some tcp only, and some o2ib+tcp with tcp as failover.

It sounds like I need a combination of configurations, one for the OSSes
and one for each client type.

So if I used this parameter in the OST,
--mgsnode="172.16.10.1 at o2ib0,192.168.10.1 at tcp0"

Then configured the modprobe.d/lustre.conf appropriately on the clients
tcp: options lnet networks="tcp0(ixgbe1)"
o2ib: options lnet networks="o2ib0(ib1)"
both: options lnet networks="o2ib0(ib1),tcp0(ixgbe1)"

And use these mount parameters:
tcp: mount -v -t lustre 192.168.10.1 at tcp0:/testfs /mnt/testfs
o2ib: mount -v -t lustre 172.16.10.1 at o2ib0:/testfs /mnt/testfs
both: mount -v -t lustre 172.16.10.1 at o2ib0,192.168.10.1 at tcp0:/testfs
/mnt/testfs

Everything should be happy?