[lustre-discuss] Problems with quota after adding a new OST

Philippe Weill Philippe.Weill at latmos.ipsl.fr
Tue Apr 12 09:44:04 PDT 2016

on lustre 2.5.3 here after adding some ost to a filesystem we found that quota are present but not enforced on new ost
we had to reenforce quota after

Le 08/04/2016 18:40, Massimo Sgaravatto a écrit :
> Hi
>
> We are running Lustre 2.7.0. We have problems with quota on a filesystem.
>
> This filesystem was initially composed of a single OST, and at that time quota was enable on the MDT simply doing:
>
> lctl conf_param cmshome.quota.ost=u
> lctl conf_param cmshome.quota.mdt=u
>
> Nothing was needed on the OST (besided specifying "--param ost.quota_type=ug" when formatting).
>
> Problems started when we added a new OST (OST0002: there is also a deactived OST0001). This was formatted using "--param
> ost.quota_type=ug" but quota is disabled on this OST. [*]
>
> Do I need to somehow explicitly enable quota on this OST ? How and why ?
>

> Thanks a lot, Massimo
>

> [*]
>
> # lfs quota -v -u sgaravat /homeui
> Disk quotas for user sgaravat (uid 741):
>       Filesystem  kbytes   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
>          /homeui  357356  400000  410000       -       2       0       0       -
> cmshome-MDT0000_UUID
>                        0       -       0       -       2       -       0       -
> cmshome-OST0000_UUID
>                   355784       -  372168       -       -       -       -       -
> quotactl ost1 failed.
> cmshome-OST0002_UUID
>                     1572       -       0       -       -       -       -       -
> Total allocated inode limit: 0, total allocated block limit: 372168
> Some errors happened when getting quota info. Some devices may be not working or deactivated. The data in "[]" is inaccurate.

Weill Philippe -  Administrateur Systeme et Reseaux
CNRS/UPMC/IPSL   LATMOS (UMR 8190)
Tour 45/46 3e Etage B302|4 Place Jussieu|75252 Paris Cedex 05 -  FRANCE
Email:philippe.weill at latmos.ipsl.fr | tel:+33 0144274759