[lustre-discuss] Problems with quota after adding a new OST

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Tue Apr 12 10:24:52 PDT 2016

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 12:16 PM, Massimo Sgaravatto <massimo.sgaravatto at pd.infn.it> wrote:
>

> So when a user has to write a new file, if Lustre chooses OST-0, it checks if the quota is ok, while if it chooses OST-2, no quota limits are enforced.

Ah, I see now.  I didn’t realize you were talking about quota enforcement.  I thought you were talking about enabling space accounting.   (I guess I was still stuck in the Lustre 1.8 mindset when you had to enable quotas to also get space accounting info.)  Sorry for the confusion.

But I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem by re-enabling quota enforcement.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator