[lustre-discuss] Mounting Lustre over IB-to-Ethernet gateway

Rick Wagner rpwagner at sdsc.edu
Mon Aug 1 10:06:35 PDT 2016

Hi Kevin,

You’ll definitely need to have tcp on the server interface used for the clients accessing Lustre over the gateway (really an InfiniBand-Ethernet bridge). I don’t know of any problem having both protocols (tcp and o2ib) on the same interface but you could also add an alias or child interface (e.g., ib0:0 or ib0.8001) if you wanted to keep things separated.

—Rick