[lustre-discuss] ZFS not freeing disk space

Alexander I Kulyavtsev aik at fnal.gov
Wed Aug 10 16:07:28 PDT 2016

It can be zfs snapshot holding space on ost.

Or, it can be zfs issue, zfs not releasing space until reboot. Check zfs bugs on zfs wiki.
Lustre shows change in OST used space right away.

zfs 0.6.3 is pretty old. We are using 0.6.4.1  with lustre 2.5.3. (there is  zfs 0.6.4.2)
You may need to patch lustre 2.5.3 to go with some zfs 0.6.5.x;  patches were listed on this mail list.
Alex.