[lustre-discuss] Moving files out of MDT ROOT/ directory

Andreas Dilger adilger at dilger.ca
Thu Dec 22 06:06:23 PST 2016

If you move them to CORRUPTED (either inside the namespace or outside) then Lustre shouldn't do anything further to them. That would also prevent the blocks from being reallocated.

The other option would be to run "e2fsck -l" and feed it the bad block numbers and have those stored in the ext4 bad blocks inode. That should prevent ext4 from ever reallocating those blocks again, but note that the badblocks feature is rarely used these days as most devices had internal bad block remapping.

Cheers, Andreas