[lustre-discuss] Configuring Luster failover on NON shared targets/disks

sohamm sohamm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:08:20 PST 2016

Hi

I have been reading bunch of documents on how failures are handled in
Luster and almost all of them seem to indicate that i would need a shared
disks/ target for MDS or OSS failover configuration. I want to know if
failover configuration is possible without the shared disks. Eg i have one
physical box i want to configure as OSS/OST and another as MGS/MDS/MDT.
Each physical box will have its own HDD/SDDs and are connected via
ethernet. Please guide and point me to any good documentation available for
such configuration.

Thanks
Divakar