[lustre-discuss] Hi, does anyone successfully install Lustre on CentOS 7.2

Henwood, Richard richard.henwood at intel.com
Fri Jan 29 09:58:12 PST 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-29 at 20:59 +0800, 10000 wrote:
> Hi
>     I just fed up with a mess about installing Lustre on CentOS 7.2.
> I do the instructions on the lustre manual. I meet several questions
> below.
>     Since no official rpms for CentOS 7.2,

Hi Yingdi Guo;

The current git Master is automatically built and made available as
RPMs from:
https://build.hpdd.intel.com/job/lustre-master/

The RPMs for EL7 components are for CentOS 7.2.

To help focus your your problem, can you explain why these RPMs are
unsuitable for your use?

Also: The build instructions in the manual are for CentOS 6 and are
considered to be of limited use: http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/9259/
It would be valuable to the community to write build instructions for
CentOS 7 and this content would do well on wiki.lustre.org I would
imagine.

best regards,
Richard
Richard.Henwood at intel.com