[lustre-discuss] lustre clients cannot access different OSS groups on TCP and infiniband at same time

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Wed Jul 13 17:27:15 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am in a situation in which I have a bunch of lustre clients which may
access two different lustre
infrastructures. One is working on TCP  and the other on infiniband.
So I have 2 OSS groups. One group is reachable thought TCP/Ethernet and
the other group through infiniband.

The problem is that I am not able to have both of them working client side.

Clients can mount both OSS groups via TCPnd

options lnet networks=tcp(ens1d1),o2ib(ib0)

but I'd want to be able to use infiniband for the OSS which has
infiniband interface.

So if I set infiniband as first option

options lnet networks=o2ib(ib0),tcp(ens1d1)

only the OSTs related to infiniband OSSs are mounted while the OSTs
belonging to OSSs
reachable through Infiniband are not available.

I am not able to deploy a configuration which would allow me to do both
things at the same time.

I Tried also to do this:

options lnet 'ip2nets="o2ib0(ib0) 172.21.49.[224-229]"' 'routes="o2ib0
172.21.49.[224-229]@o2ib0"'

where 172.21.49.[224-229] are my o21b network IDs (IPoIB) regarding the
OSSs in the infiniband group.

but this still cannot fix.

What do I need to do to have my clients to be able to mount one group of
OSS through TCP and
the other group of OSS through infiniband ?

thank you

Riccardo