[lustre-discuss] Odd behavior with Matlab.

Laifer, Roland (SCC) roland.laifer at kit.edu
Thu Jun 2 08:54:20 PDT 2016

Phill,

I fear you are searching in the wrong direction. As I said before the
return code of Lustre for mkdir on an existing directory is pretty
arbitrary. (As Patrick pointed out this might change if you do a stat
before.) We had seen that the Matlab problem disappeared for days and
weeks and afterwards it appeared again quite frequently. This happened
while there was no change in the installed Lustre versions.

Regards,
  Roland