[lustre-discuss] Building RPMs for 2.5.3 on CentOS-7.2

Patrick Farrell paf at cray.com
Sun Jun 5 08:57:08 PDT 2016

Server-wise, if you do not want any of the new features in 2.6-2.8, then you are probably best served with sticking with 2.5 for the time being.  (There's some good stuff in there...  But there's also the chance of your workload hitting new bugs as well.)  There are no compatibility problems between 2.5 servers and 2.8 clients - Just features you don't get.

So, for clients, probably 2.8, since you can't use 2.5 with CentOS 7.2.  2.8 should be a bit better than 2.7 (and neither is seeing public post-release patching).

- Patrick