[lustre-discuss] fetching a histogram of idx counts

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Tue Mar 1 14:43:56 PST 2016

> On Mar 1, 2016, at 4:17 PM, John White <jwhite at lbl.gov> wrote:
>
> 	I’m trying to figure out an efficient way to get a global count of objects per idx.  I can do it through an horribly inefficient find + lfs getstripe, but I’d really like to figure out a way not to have to touch the posix layer of lustre to do this.  Any ideas?

What about using “lfs df -i” to get the inode count for each OST?  It wouldn’t be exact since there are some inodes that don’t correspond to file objects, but if there are large numbers of files on an OST, it might be reasonably close.  (I guess it depends on just how accurate you need the number to be.)

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator