[lustre-discuss] Lustre upgrade choice

Jérôme BECOT jerome.becot at inserm.fr
Thu Mar 17 09:09:27 PDT 2016

Hi,

I may have asked it before but we have postponed this operation until
now. As we are facing some strange behavior on our 2.6 servers, we want
to upgrade them.

To be sure :
- is just about properly shutting down the Lustre file system and update
the binaries ? Is the ldiskfs partition 100% compatible with newer
versions ? Are they updated by an "upgrading" process ? Is there any
risk of data loss ? (it's a scratch but we may want to do a full backup
if there's a risk)

- The 2.8.0 is released. What is your advice about the upgrade ? Shall
we go from 2.6.0 to 2.7.0 or to 2.8.0 ?

Thank you

--
Jérome BECOT

Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux

Molécules à visée Thérapeutique par des approches in Silico (MTi)
Univ Paris Diderot, UMRS973 Inserm
Case 013
Bât. Lamarck A, porte 412
35, rue Hélène Brion 75205 Paris Cedex 13
France

Tel : 01 57 27 83 82