[lustre-discuss] Lustreerror: Error -2 syncing data on lock cancel

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Tue Mar 22 07:55:12 PDT 2016

Good Morning,

  Recently in my test environment I've seen the following error on the oss: Error -2 syncing data on lock cancel.  At the time there was only one client mounting the test lustre file system, and the only process running was a compilation of gcc, so there was virtually no activity on the file system.  Checking my production environment I do see instances of this error there as well.  What does this error mean?  I'm running the base 2.5.3 lustre on centos 6.5 systems, with zfs as the back end file system for the osts.

Kurt J. Strosahl
System Administrator
Scientific Computing Group, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility