[lustre-discuss] Lustre-2.8.0 and SELinux

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:28:08 PDT 2016

Greetings List!

I have successfully installed a very small, test instantiation of
Lustre-2.8.0.
I have a question about Lustre-2.8.0 and SELinux.  I have read that this
version of Lustre is compatible with SELinux (in CentOS 7.2, in my case)
enforcing mode.  I observe that, by default, SELinux is "enforcing" in
CentOS 7.2.   I also notice that the default SELinuxType is "targeted".
The "semanage module -l" does not show a "lustre" type of listing.  What
should I be looking for to determine if CentOS 7.2 SELinux is using a
security policy for my Lustre client mounts?

Also, I did read in https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-5560 that the
test for SELinux support on the client did not quite make it into the
lustre-2.8.0 release.  Does this mean that I don't have SELinux support for
Lustre clients or only that the test plan is not in the Lustre-2.8.0
software?

Thanks to all the developers and contributors to Lustre-2.8.0.   I look
forward to learning this updated version with the additional features.

Cheers,
megan