[lustre-discuss] Lustre-2.8.0 tunables

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:29:49 PDT 2016

Greetings List!

I very recently installed Lustre-2.8.0 in CentOS 7.2 on bare metal in a
small test environment for evaluation.

I was going through my usual Lustre tunable process and I noticed that
while there is still a
/proc/fs/lustre/osc/{my_LustreOST-OSC_stuff}/max_rpcs_in_flight (=8), the
corresponding item of max_dirty_mb (was =32 by default) is no longer
present in Lustre-2.8.0.  There appears a new (to me) item of
max_rpcs_in_progress (=4096 by default).  Would I still need to tune
max_rpcs_in_flight now that I see this new max_rpcs_in_progress?   Is there
a presentation/paper on Lustre-2.8.0 tunables (particularly for InfiniBand
networks)?

TIA,
megan