[lustre-discuss] GID only mapping in 2.8.60?

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Fri Nov 4 23:05:36 PDT 2016

Actually, the nodemap feature will work with any client, since it is only affecting lookups on the MDS and quota on the OSS.

It probably would take less time for you to implement the flag feature than the time it is taking to create the thousands of UID entries. While I think it should scale very large, I don't think we have tested the 1M or so entries you are creating. The good news is that since this is using a hash table on the server it shouldn't hurt performance too much.

Let us know how many you finally create, and how it is working with so many entries.

Cheers, Andreas