[lustre-discuss] lfs_migrate transfer question

Jérôme BECOT jerome.becot at inserm.fr
Mon Sep 26 06:00:09 PDT 2016

Hello,

As we had a inode usage issue, we did as Andreas advised :

- add a new ost with much more inodes
- disable the first ost
- use lfs_migrate to move files to the new ost

We have about 16M files on this OST (7.5TB). Our OSS are connected via
10Gbps Ethernet, though the lfs_migrate command has been launched on a
1Gbps connected client.

It's running for 5 days and is at about 50% now. It's pretty slow.

Since the command has been launched on a client, does the data transit
through it ? Is there any way to improve performances ? (we will have to
move data from the 2nd ost back once the first one will get more inodes,
then reformat it, then rebalance)

Thank you

--
Jérome BECOT

Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux

Molécules à visée Thérapeutique par des approches in Silico (MTi)
Univ Paris Diderot, UMRS973 Inserm
Case 013
Bât. Lamarck A, porte 412
35, rue Hélène Brion 75205 Paris Cedex 13
France

Tel : 01 57 27 83 82