[lustre-discuss] refresh file layout error

E.S. Rosenberg esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu
Mon Sep 26 10:34:33 PDT 2016

I hope no-one minds me restoring this thread, I just wanted to report back:

After we switched from vanilla kernel-staging lustre to building from
source (lustre 2.8.0 + kernel 4.2.8) this problem ceased to exist, so it
must have been an issue of lustre 2.3.64 (kernel) clients not talking
properly to lustre 2.5.3 servers.

2.8.0 also doesn't play nice with 2.5.3 so we ended up upgrading our
servers too.

Which leads me to 2 questions about current development:
1. Has the mainline kernel seen any progress over the past half year? Will
we ever be able to just use that (at least for clients)?
2. What is the schedule for 2.9.0?

Regards and thanks,
Eli