[lustre-discuss] refresh file layout error

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Mon Sep 26 10:53:21 PDT 2016

inline

On 9/26/16, 10:34 AM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of E.S. Rosenberg" <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org<mailto:lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> on behalf of esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu<mailto:esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu>> wrote:

Which leads me to 2 questions about current development:
1. Has the mainline kernel seen any progress over the past half year? Will we ever be able to just use that (at least for clients)?

I think that there has been quite a lot of progress in this area and being able to use such a client is certainly our goal. However, we don’t have line of sight to a specific release at which point this will be possible just yet.

2. What is the schedule for 2.9.0?

We’re making steady progress here too and my current best guess is that we should have a release candidate in the next 2-3 weeks and then hopefully a GA a few weeks out from that.