[lustre-discuss] Lustre server/client compatibility

E.S. Rosenberg esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu
Thu Sep 29 09:07:51 PDT 2016

I can only tell you about "the other way around", we updated our clients to
2.8.0 while the server was 2.5.3 and started having kernel panics on the
MDS/MGS which was resolved after we also updated the servers to 2.8.0.

The way I understand what it says on the website about compatibility 2.8.0
would work (or was tested) only with 2.8.0 and the previous release which
is 2.7.0