[lustre-discuss] new build/install no devices showing up

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 11:23:36 PDT 2017

All,

I just did a new build against the latest (2.9.56_36) source.

I am building with zfs support and kmod. Packages build fine and install
fine.

Lnet comes up and I can 'lctl ping' self and a client. Both show up as
peers afterwards.

I am following: http://wiki.lustre.org/Lustre_with_ZFS_Install as a
template.
When I start lustre (service lustre start), it loads the lustre modules
fine and everything, but does not seem to connect to any devices.

'lctl dl' returns nothing. Starting lustre also does not mount the zfs
datasets. I have tried changinge 'canmount' and mounting them manually
with no change in the results.

Any ideas what may be going on here?

Brian Andrus