[lustre-discuss] new build/install no devices showing up

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Fri Apr 28 13:01:11 PDT 2017

On Apr 28, 2017, at 12:23, Brian Andrus <toomuchit at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I just did a new build against the latest (2.9.56_36) source.
>
> I am building with zfs support and kmod. Packages build fine and install fine.
>
> Lnet comes up and I can 'lctl ping' self and a client. Both show up as peers afterwards.
>
> I am following: http://wiki.lustre.org/Lustre_with_ZFS_Install as a template.
> When I start lustre (service lustre start), it loads the lustre modules fine and everything, but does not seem to connect to any devices.
>
> 'lctl dl' returns nothing. Starting lustre also does not mount the zfs datasets. I have tried changinge 'canmount' and mounting them manually with no change in the results.
>

> Any ideas what may be going on here?

Just poking in the dark here...

Are your OSTs/MDT(s) properly listed in /etc/ldev.conf?  Have you set the options in /etc/sysconfig/lustre correctly for your system?

Please feel free to edit the wiki page to include more details to explain whatever you missed the first time through.

Lustre Principal Architect
Intel Corporation