[lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.10 on RHEL6.x?

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Mon Aug 7 07:14:21 PDT 2017

I'm going to be testing an upgrade of a filled 2.9/0.6.5.7/CentOS6.x LFS to
2.10/0.7/CentOS6.9. I will report back results to the mailing list when it
is completed.

--Jeff

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 06:50 E.S. Rosenberg <esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu>
wrote:

> We created a test system that was installed with CentOS 6.x and Lustre 2.8
> filled with some data and subsequently reinstalled with CentOS 7.x and
> Lustre 2.9
>
> Everything seems to have gone fine but I am actually curious if anyone
> else did this pretty invasive upgrade? (Hoping to upgrade in the
> not-to-distant future, maybe even directly to 2.10)
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
>
> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Jones, Peter A <peter.a.jones at intel.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Correct – RHEL 6.x support appeared for the last time in the community
>> 2.8 release. However, there has been some interest in seeing some kind of
>> support for RHEL 6.x in the 2.10 LTS releases so I think it likely that at
>> least support for clients will be reintroduced in a future 2.10.x
>> maintenance release.
>>
>> On 8/7/17, 6:34 AM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of E.S. Rosenberg" <
>> lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of
>> esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu> wrote:
>>
>> If I'm not mistaken they haven't provided RPMs for RHEL6.x since 2.9...
>> HTH,
>> Eli
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Steve Barnet <barnet at icecube.wisc.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>>   I am looking to upgrade from lustre 2.8 to 2.10. I see that
>>> there are no pre-built RPMs for 2.10 on RHEL6.x families.
>>>
>>> Did I miss them, or will I need to build from source (or
>>> upgrade to Centos 7)?
>>>
>>> Thanks much!
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> ---Steve

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite D - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage