[lustre-discuss] lfs fid2path user access

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:28:07 PDT 2017

Hi,

In answering my own question about the command "lfs fid2path..." being run
as a non-root user:
Yes, a non-root user can successfully run the command "lfs fid2path ...."
per the Lustre Software Release 2.x Operations Manual section 33.4
"mount".   The box describing Lustre client options indicates that
successful runs of "lfs fid2path ..." by non-root users was implemented in
Lustre 2.3.

I can't wait to get my newer Lustre File System ( the wait is only days
now--yay).

Cheers,
megan