[lustre-discuss] Building against kmod spl/zfs

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Tue Jan 17 08:44:48 PST 2017

Marcin,

To also generate the dkms rpms, I need to run ‘make dkms-rpm’ in addition to ‘make rpms’.
It is the ‘configure’ command that required the zfs/spl dkms to be installed rather than zfs/spl kmod packages. Could be a little more logic is needed, but I suspect the build needs access to the zfs/spl source tree if you are going to use them in either kmod or dkms packages. So, my advice for others is to just ensure you have that on the build system as a minimum.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California