[lustre-discuss] replacing empty OST

Patrick Shopbell pls at astro.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 19 14:35:41 PST 2017

Thank you very much for the reply, Marion. But I did indeed use
that option. In fact, I think that option is a safety that keeps one
from inadvertently overwriting a Lustre volume. If mkfs.lustre
detects a Lustre file system on the volume being formatted, it
notes that you have to specify "--reformat" to force the format
to overwrite the old filesystem.

It doesn't seem to have reset the info on the MGS, from what I
can tell.

I was hoping there is some way to do this without having to
unmount the entire filesystem everywhere... But perhaps there
is not. Maybe I will just skip OST 9 and move on to 10...

Thanks anyway.
Patrick