[lustre-discuss] Lustre [2.8.0] and the Linux Automounter

Scott Nolin scott.nolin at ssec.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 21 13:46:23 PDT 2017

We use them fairly extensively with 2.7 and 2.8 and find them useful and stable.

For cluster nodes, perhaps not a big deal, but for our many non-cluster clients it is useful. We have multiple filesystems so sometimes many mounts. The main benefit I think is not that sometimes they unmount, but if there are ever issues and some filesystems temprorarily not available – much, much less pain.

Scott