[lustre-discuss] missing lustre version in /proc/fs/lustre/version

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Wed Jun 21 18:39:31 PDT 2017

I noticed as well that now "lustre check osts" does not work anymore
with normal user privileges:

error: check: osts status failed

while it works with root privileges.
Looking with strace turns out that a normal user has no privileges to
look into /sys/fs/lnet/devices   /sys/kernel/debug/lnet/devices  and so
on...

so basically to run "lustre check" from the lustre client is not
possible as a normal user, while it was possible before.
Is there a workaround or is it intended to be like that ?

thanks