[lustre-discuss] lustre 2.10.1 MOFED 4.1 QDR/FDR mixing

Harald van Pee pee at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Tue Nov 14 09:24:28 PST 2017

Dear all,

I have installed lustre 2.10.1 from source with MOFED 4.1.
mdt/mgs and oss run on centos 7.4
clients on debian 9 (kernel 4.9)

our test (cluster 1x mgs/mdt + 1x oss + 1x client) all with mellanox ib qdr
nics
runs without problems on a mellanox fdr switch.
Now we have additional clients and servers with fdr and qdr nics.

Do I need any special configuration (beside options lnet networks=o2ib0)
if I add additional fdr clients and/or servers?

Was the configuration probed? And does it make a difference if I would start
with fdr servers and clients and add qdr servers and clients or the other way
around?

Thanks in advance
Harald