[lustre-discuss] lustre 2.10.1 MOFED 4.1 QDR/FDR mixing

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Tue Nov 14 09:39:49 PST 2017

Harald,

As long as your new servers and clients all have the same settings in their
config files as your currently running configuration you should be fine.

--Jeff

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Harald van Pee <pee at hiskp.uni-bonn.de>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have installed lustre 2.10.1 from source with MOFED 4.1.
> mdt/mgs and oss run on centos 7.4
> clients on debian 9 (kernel 4.9)
>
> our test (cluster 1x mgs/mdt + 1x oss + 1x client) all with mellanox ib qdr
> nics
> runs without problems on a mellanox fdr switch.
> Now we have additional clients and servers with fdr and qdr nics.
>
> Do I need any special configuration (beside options lnet networks=o2ib0)
> if I add additional fdr clients and/or servers?
>
> Was the configuration probed? And does it make a difference if I would
> start
> with fdr servers and clients and add qdr servers and clients or the other
> way
> around?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Harald

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite D - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage