[lustre-discuss] Announce: Lustre Systems Administration Guide

Stu Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 19:20:29 PST 2017

Thank you both for the documentation.  I know how hard it is to maintain.

I've asked that all my admin staff to read it - even if some of it doesn't
directly apply to our environment.

What we would like is ell organised, comprehensive, accurate and up to date
documenation.  Most of the time when I dive into the manual, or other
online material, I find it isn't quite right (path's slightly wrong or
outdated etc).  I also have difficulty finding all the information I want
in a single location and in a logical fashon.  These aren't new issues and
blight all documentation, but having the definitive source in a wiki might
open it up to more transparency, greater use and thus, ultimately, being
kept up to date, even if its by others outside Intel.

I'd also like a section where people can post their experiences and
solutions.  For example, in recent times, we have battled bad interactions
with ZFS+lustre which lead to poor performance and ZFS corruption.  While
we have now tuned both lustre and zfs and the bugs have mostly been fixed,
the learnings, trouble shooting methods etc. should be preserved and might
assist others in the future diagnose tricky problems.

That's my 5c.

Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at gmail.com