[lustre-discuss] HPC Head node clustering and lustre

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:05:51 PST 2017

Amjad,

That would depend on how they setup PCS. If you are going to have a
'floating' IP that is failed over and merely used for the login traffic,
there should be no issue.

I think the method for HA is a bit overkill, however. Depending on what
services are running, it may make more sense to just have a secondary
system that is running and use DNS to failover or just round-robin users
to balance them across the systems that are up. Certainly easier to
maintain and easier to recover when something happens.

Brian Andrus