[lustre-discuss] Lustre shares

Biju C P cpbiju at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 13:16:16 PDT 2017

Hi Dilger, Andreas

Thanks for the reply.

 - Could you please explain a bit more about what you want here? Do you
want to have clients access subtrees of the filesystem or similar? -

I am working on an application which support Network File System (NFS)
where it enumerate all shares available on the NFS server and take action
based on certain parameters. Now I need to support Lustre filesystem. I was
just wondering whether Lustre filesystem also have the same concept or not.
If so, then how can I enumerate all shares on a particular server.

How does the client use lustre filesystem ? Do they mount the entire
filesystem and use it or each client mount to different folders (assigned
to the user) on the filesystem ?

--
Biju C P